Captive

I think I've said this before, but my littlest one is the most challenging, and that's putting it nicely. My wild five-year-old and whiny three-year-old are no match for my not-as-yet-English-speaking one-year-old. I'll take the both of them over him any day and twice on Sunday. He's still in that middle stage, where he understands enough and communicates to a point where he can tell me what he wants, but when he doesn't get it [and right this second!], he can't understand any explanation you give him and throws a mad tantrum. Funny though, stick him in his crib for a one-minute time-out, and he's a totally different creature than the wet, screaming thing that went in. All smiles and rainbows. It's amazing what one minute can do. He can turn it on and off faster than an automatic faucet.


I have to say, however,
that his cavernously deep,
dark brown eyes
are bewitching.
They captivate me
no matter what
mood I'm in.


Comments

Popular Posts