Finalizing the Nursery

As promised, here are the nursery pictures. It's not completely finalized, but it's almost there.
I'm still waiting for his name in letters, which I just discovered I can order from eBay for relatively cheap. They match the letters I've stenciled on his wall, and I can't wait to see them up above his crib. I'm also waiting for some more baskets which we've ordered from Michaels, which will go where the small baskets are right now that you can see on the shelves. The smaller baskets are for under the changing table, but I'm using them on the shelves for now until the larger replacements come (like the ones you see on the third set of shelves).
So this is not technically a post. It's more like what you might see on my family blog, but I had to include the after pictures to update you on the whole nesting thing. :)







We are still working on what to do about the fireplace, so if you have suggestions, please share!


Comments

aaaaahhhhhh! That is so adorable!!! so so so cute! Well done, Sara and Eric

You could build a cover out of ply wood for the fireplace....that's all I can think off
Dale and Judy said…
I love it -- LOVE IT!! Good job, Sar. Caleb's room gives me the sae sense of peace and happiness that Abby and Essie's room does. He's such a blessed little boy to be so loved.

One idea for the fireplace: Candles (The non-burning kind) of different sizes. It's just an idea. They also have covers for the opening that are really pretty.
Unknown said…
Thanks Michelle and Mom.

I like both of the ideas. We really want to cover that ghastly thing, but at the same time, we don't want to remove it...too costly and may not prove to be the best decision if we sell the house eventually.
Yakko said…
I just know he must be here by now!!! We're praying for ya Sar!
Anonymous said…
Sara,
You could do a fireplace cover in the same design as the rest of the room, with little airplanes, etc. Something that would stand in front of the opening. I love the room, it looks great!

Pat

Popular Posts