My Inheritance

Wow, I’m so long overdue for a post, it’s almost ridiculous. I tend to take looooong breaks over the holidays, kinda like my Sunday siestas; I look at the holidays as a way to unwind, relax, hang out with the people I love most in the world, and use it as a time of spiritual renewal, a time to draw closer to the Lord. Oddly, however, it’s a time when I get out of routine. I let my almost-unfailing daily-Bible-reading routine slip between the cracks somehow. Doesn’t sound like I really can draw closer to the Lord in such a Word-hungry atmosphere, I suppose. But my family is what does it, really. The more time I spend with my husband, my parents, my grandma, my brothers and their wives, even my kids, the more I come to a closer faith, a closer walk with Him. I see the struggles they are going through and their unswerving devotion to the Lord, and I am inspired to press on. They are my inheritance -- a rich inheritance in the saints – along with all of my brothers and sisters in the Lord, and I am ever blessed to call them family.


I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. Ephesians 1:18-19a

Comments

Popular Posts