Winds of Change

We've outnumbered ourselves, and here are just a few ways you can tell:

  • I have ten minutes of free time, and I have to carefully weigh which task to do first – dishes, laundry, pick-up, shower, vacuuming, etc…
  • Nursing takes on the average of a three- to four-hour chunk of my day, and I have to figure out what to do with my two older kids in the meantime.
  • Changes of clothes happen on both Caleb and myself every feeding due to his spit-up or
    other bodily excretions.
  • I’m learning how to nurse while walking around the house; it’s an art form, truly.
  • I’m also learning how to wipe my older kids' bottoms left-handed (because my right arm is holding the baby to my right breast), or call for help when I can’t figure out how.
  • Laundry is an everyday thing now, sometimes more than one load.
  • The den (Caleb’s nursery) is closed due to a napping baby or toddler, so the laundry has to go in shifts, which means that some days it sits in the dryer, waiting for someone to wake up so I can go through the den and into the garage, where the washer and dryer are, and retrieve them, or it sits folded in the laundry basket, waiting for a child to wake up so that I can put it away in the drawers in their rooms.
  • Dishwasher runs every day also, sometimes twice a day.
  • Essential pieces of my purse have now found their new home in the diaper bag.
  • I look forward to when the girls will be able to wipe their own noses.
  • Building conflict resolution into my children's character is now a huge part of my job title; doing it with patience is something being built into my character.
  • I’m overcome with joy when I see an adult walking to my door, especially if they’re coming to help.
  • I find myself praying that all three children will nap at the same time.
  • In general, I pray a lot more than I used to.



Comments

Kate said…
Yup. You've covered all the bases.

Kate
Alana said…
Bless your heart! It will get easier, I'm sure. I'll pray for you as you get used to this new kind of normal!
Sarah Markley said…
i love this list, sara!! so glad all is going well.

Popular Posts