Obsessed

I can't believe it's been five weeks since I last posted an entry on my "just for writing" blog. I'm way behind. But I owe it all to what I call "mommy brain." It's all mush upstairs. Half the time I don't pronounce things correctly, or I switch the latter half of my sentence with the former, or I can't remember even some of the more basic vocabulary words I've got stored up there. It's a sad state of affairs. All I can think of is how in love I am with my precious newborn son or how much I want to tickle my sweet Essie or what new craft I can think up for my furiously artistic Abby. It's to the point where at the dinner table, if conversation goes political or turns to business or some other "nonsense," I'm always bringing it back to home with what is most important in my little neck of the woods, like how clever my Abby is or the adorable smile Caleb gave me today or some cute little saying of Essie's. I don't have many other words to write than these mushy things. They are my all right now, and it is as it should be, don't you think? I'm consumed with them -- no, intoxicated. Even obsessed.

I love my kids.

What more could there be to say?

Comments

Anonymous said…
aweee! Precious.
Describes a Mom so perfectly.
I want to be like this! :)
cj

Popular Posts