Walrus in My Kitchen


There’s a walrus in my kitchen,

There’s a walrus on my floor,

One walrus in the corner,

One walrus and no more.

If you ask him how he got there,

he’ll probably shrug and smile,

he probably won’t remember

because it’s been quite a while.

He’s plastic, I must tell you,

With a red W on his brown chest,

He’s been there several days at least,

a small, brown plastic pest.

I haven’t stopped to pick him up

I guess I just figure, Why?

There are plenty trinkets like him

in every room, from low to high.


And if I go and put him back

in the place where he belongs,

two other toys might take his place

and double the number of wrongs.

So I think he’s found a new home there,

by the fridge upon the floor,

But there’s only one walrus, I figure,

and one, I can try to ignore.


Comments

Joel Bergman said…
This is great. You should try to illustrate this.

Popular Posts