Sleeping Beauty


There's almost nothing quite as peaceful as watching my kids sleep, especially as babies. I almost wish I could tape-record them all night and then sit down with a bowl of popcorn for a 12-hour baby-sleeping marathon. It's that good. I just want to drink in the preciousness. Perhaps it's the fact that when they're awake, they are often a whining, screaming, cranky ball of unpredictability. Little sinners, as my dad lovingly refers to them. So when they're sleeping, they're perfect, the only sinless period of their day. Metaphorically speaking, the lights are on, but nobody's home, but in this case it's actually a good thing. They are doing everything exactly the way they should, and I can't help but think about the beautiful creature they really are. It helps me get a full battery recharge for the next day's usage.

Comments

Popular Posts