Where God Put All the Funnies



If you look at me and want to know where all of the humor went in my family (or rather, if there is any anywhere in my family), then you’d have your head divinely grabbed and forcibly turned in the direction of my little brother, the one who always seems to eclipse me in every other thing I’ve tried to accomplish in my life! No. Seriously, now. When God was handing out qualities up there in the process of molding us Bergman kids, all of the funniness genes were dolled out to him. Now, I can appreciate humor; I know it when I hear it or read it, and I know how to laugh in all of the appropriate places (even if I’m ten seconds behind everyone else); I just don’t have a single speck of it in one chromosome of DNA.

But whenever he’s around, I simply can’t stop laughing. He’s got one of those dry wits, where he quickly mumbles something tersely comical or sarcastic under his breath at just the right moment, and you have to stay tuned to it, or you just might miss it. I love when he’s around; laughter is good medicine. That’s why I’m so glad he’s begun his own blog; I can take daily doses of him, even though he’s several hours away. Actually, I started it for him and pushed him into it, but now he sees why; as he says, it’s addictive. So if you don’t have a blog yet (hint, hint: Chris), you just might think twice about it. It’s great fun.

So at the risk of losing my own readership (yeah, all four or so of you, including my mom and best friend), I’d like to introduce you to my little bro. He’s funny. God completely favored him in the funny category, leaving me high and dry in the process, so you know you can’t disappoint the Big Man upstairs. Go check him out. Seriously. Go.

Oh, and he geniunely does have an angst against inanimate objects. Really.

Comments

fawndear said…
So glad that your playing along with the Giving Thanks month.

I know what you mean about DNA and siblings. Somehow I never got the clean house DNA that my sisters got.

A Thankful Heart is a Happy Heart! Thanks for sharing your gratitude with all us players
Anonymous said…
Yay Joel! I will read his, AFTER yours though!
And-- blog for me? No way!! HAHA.
I can hardly keep up with... well, everything else!
:)
cj
Joel Bergman said…
Thanks Sara. You're so sweet. You and Mom keep breathing new life into me over the writing thing. I appreciate it. I love you and you really mean a lot to me.

Popular Posts