The Secret Place

I felt the baby move inside of me today, really the first movements. What do they call that? The quickening? I was sitting at the computer, which I’ve been doing a lot lately, and I felt this fluttering roll, ever so slight. I thought for a second that maybe I had imagined it, but then it happened again. I’ve been a little anxious because I’m 16 weeks, almost 17, and I haven’t felt the baby move yet. Not really.

I begin to think of all the things I’m doing wrong. I’ve been sleeping on my back all night; I had more than six ounces of tuna this week; I haven’t been exercising much. Could something be wrong?

There’s always been little sensations, gas bubbles or whatever, here and there, even as early as 12 weeks, where you think maybe, but nothing definite.

Today was definite. It sent a little chill of thrill down my spine, little goose-bumps at the nape of my neck.

I hear David say,

For You created my inmost being;
You knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in Your book
before one of them came to be.

The Creator is looking down and smiling upon me.

Comments

Sarah Markley said…
Great post. And I like your new look. Keep it up, girl!!!

Popular Posts