Random Ramblings

I’m probably the only one who’s been enjoying the run of expository pieces I’ve posted for the last week. I must admit they’ve been pretty dry and dull, full of facts and details that only I will probably ever care to remember, but it’s been a relatively easy week of writing for me. I could throw words on the page because I had the goal of laying all of the information on paper, but do very little thinking about it in the process. All memory recall, no creativity. Creativity is challenging for me. If I’m not in the mood to be clever (which is pretty much a lot), I can’t seem to bring myself to force anything remotely interesting down on paper.

The blogging world has kind of ground to a screeching halt. I’m not getting many hits on my blog, and I know of many other bloggers who are complaining that comments have slowed down quite a bit. I’m thinking it’s the season. The holidays are filling up everyone’s calendars (I know it’s happening with me too), so people don’t have as much time to lazily browse blogs for random reading enjoyment. It could just be me, however. I notice I dropped people when I took a 10-day hiatus from the blog.

Back to Christmas, I keep thinking I’ve got a ton of stuff to accomplish, but I’ve decorated, made my gift candy, and I’ve even done a little Christmas shopping. My mom’s doing most of the cooking this year, so I’ll probably just tag alongside to offer my pathetic, “Need help?” line every once in awhile. With all that nailed down, I can’t imagine having that much more to do. I know we need to still do a bit of Christmas shopping, but my side of the family has kind of pulled away from gift-giving this year, due to the fact that no one has money; we’ve made it all about the kids this year. I’m still getting something for the folks, though; that’s already done. I still can’t seem to shake the nagging feeling that I’ve got a ton of stuff left to do before the big day.

Are ya’ll ready for Christmas?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yep - I'm mostly ready.

I agree with you - it is the season - people are busy and tired. :-)
Dale and Judy said…
I'm still reading and looking forward to it everyday.

I read the Esther story. I love hearing about -- even if I was there :) It's such a miracle. And what a BEAUTIFUL miracle we all received. Thank you, Lord.

Popular Posts