Computer Fast

I fasted from computer and Internet yesterday, and the sky did NOT fall on my head. At first it was unintentional; I was just busy in the morning. And then aside from the usual morning busyness, I decided to take up walking again, pushing the 90-plus-pound stroller on our routine two-plus-mile jaunt. I really love the cool weather of fall and winter for exercising, and we’ve been missing it. So yesterday I picked it up again. I must confess I am a bit out of shape, either that or the girls have gotten even heavier than last spring -- actually, likely both. I got a third of the way into our walk, the steepest section of the trip, and I was huffing and puffing and panting. Abby was asking me questions, to which I could only grunt due to lack of oxygen; I couldn’t breathe deep enough fast enough. I think also adding some 20 pounds to this body in the last six pregnant months only compounded the difficulties. Somehow we made it. I think making Abby get off the stroller for a half a mile helped; the exercise was good for her too.

By the end of the day, I hadn’t even turned my laptop on, and I sat down at about 9 o’clock to watch the presidential debates with Eric, which we had recorded on our DVR. My heart was so heavy afterwards that I couldn’t bring myself to write anything, in addition to the fact that it was late, and I needed to head to bed anyway.

So yesterday was a computer/Internet fast that, for whatever reason, lasted the whole day, and it turned out to be a good thing that I intend to do more often.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a still quiet voice in MY own head... hmmm maybe i should fast now and again! :)
Why the heavy heart? :(
cj
Kate said…
Oh, I remember these days. Two in the running stroller, one in the backpack, one in the womb. I can sympathize. We women are superheroes!

Kate

Popular Posts