A Day to Clone

Yesterday was a day I could have cloned. It opened smoothly, transitioned relatively evenly, and landed softly. Not only did the day play out to near perfection with my two little bugs, an almost-no-battle, hassle-free pleasure -- a true rarity most days -- my unpredictable, pregnancy-induced hormonal temperament was measured with quiet, reflective moments of clarity, evenly restrained spirit, and tender marks of unshaken, tenacious, dare I venture, joy. When I plopped my ever-rounding belly next to one of my little loves, I found myself at times tearing up, seeing their precious expressions in new light and discovering again how much I treasure these fleeting moments. This was not an average day for me. I don’t usually view these times as fleeting. Most days it feels like I am feverishly endeavoring to shove the hands of the clock forward. So I know that somebody must have been holding me in prayer this day.

And the outdoors reflected this inner serenity; it was sunshine wrapped friskily around our bare shoulders, a clear, windless, balmy day of delicious warmth and gentle caresses – the kind of day you live out only in dreams. We abandoned all hope of accomplishing anything inside today and headed out to Fall’s irresistible beckoning.

Lord, let my heart reflect this idyllic day always, even on the most tempestuous of days.



Comments

Anonymous said…
This is totally amazing. Last night -- when I couldn't sleep -- I just started praying and prayed specifically for you and I prayed specifically for all the things you mentioned. Wow! Isn't the Lord good? Thank you, Lord.

mama
Anonymous said…
Awe! I love this post. And immediately, i thought... Judy is probably enjoying Europe, on her knees, for her much beloved daughter and grand daughters...
*in prayer*.
Sure enough!! :)
Your prayer is MY prayer too.
May I be content!!!
cj

Popular Posts